Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Peace I Give You...

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4

It is hard to fathom. That this girl who has spent over 2 years fretting over the flight once we decided on international adoption can be as calm as she is right now. This girl who used to shake when she saw just a photo of a plane.. This girl who loses her breath when she picks someone up at the airport. Yep. This girl is so close to hopping on a plane for the first time in over 12 years, and going to meet the cutest little guy in all of Africa, and has not yet even started to tremble with the fear that used to paralyze. There is only one thing that can prevent this fear - perfect love - our Lord in heaven. And I am so thankful for the peace that transcends all understanding. I am thankful for the peace that will take me over the ocean. I am thankful for the love that reaches to the heavens. I am thankful for the peace that will be with us as we travel to complete this journey the Lord put in our hearts years ago. And mostly I am uber uber thankful for the beautiful gift that the Lord has given us. Amen and Amen!


4 comments:

  1. Funny you should post this. We are in the early stages of an international adoption, and I cannot even fathom how I will get on a plane. TERRIFIED to fly. This weekend though, I over came one of my other huge fears of public speaking when I gave a talk in church without freaking out first. I'm just hoping to have that same calm feeling when the time comes to fly. I've been afraid I'd chicken out and not be able to go. Thanks for linking up! This gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero!! For the love of a son because you've been healed by the SON. Yippee Jesus!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stef - trust me if I can do it you can do it :)

    Linny - awww - you are my hero :P

    I can NOT wait to get on that plane and go see that beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOO HOO!!! GOD JUST STINKIN' ROCKS!!! At the perfect moment, in His timing!!!

    So happy for you sister!!

    Blessings,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!