Sunday, December 11, 2011

Be Still... And Know... I AM GOD

So Sunday one week ago today... I had an urge to add some playlists to my iphone. Added the new DCB christmas cd to a playlist and I thought it would be a good idea to make a playlist for when I needed encouragement, called Encourage Me.

The very next morning we got some bad news. And immediately went to that playlist and played it for days... constantly... Thursday I was on my way to my sisters for my niece's birthday fighting tears for various disappointments in the week... when I was blasting this playlist a song came on, by Kirk Franklin and Toby Mac, called I AM God. I don't remember putting this on my playlist or honestly even ever buying this song. But suddenly this song rocked my world.

I saw myself, almost dressed like a roman soldierish... and bent down on one knee, with a spear in my right hand, head bowed. Fighting to get up and flail and fight. But the Lord put his hand on my shoulder and kept reminding me to be still and know He is God and that He has everything under control. It was a fight... but it gave me more reassurance and hope and just reminded me of how LOVED I am. Read the lyrics I have posted below for the part that really got me. This song has echoed in my head all week and reassured me in hard times. Check out the video :)

 

You win. (uh huh!)
I've been trying to do it on my own. (Yes Lord!)
But right now I gotta surrender.
You know what's best. (Say it like you mean it!)
It's not easy waiting on you.
It's not easy believing that you got this together.
But without faith it is impossible to please you. (We recognize you!)
So I'm gonna stand right here. (We are still before you!)
You got me. (We are still before you!) You got me. You got me.

[Chorus:]
Be still and know (we know!) I am God (We gonna lift those hands. I surrender to your authority God! I surrender!)
Be still (we're still!) and know (we know!) I am God (I give you my will)(Gotta know! Gotta! know! Gotta know!)
Be still (I'm yours!) and know (we know!) (I'm yours!) I am God (I'm tired of living on my own! I'm tired of living on my own!)
Be still and know (we know!) I am God (You are God!)



4 comments:

  1. Faithful God. Preparing beforehand the playlist before you would need it. Love you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yay! commenting is working again :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!