Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Wrapup



This weekend we took a trip down south. We had a meeting on Sunday afternoon in Pompano Beach so we decided to make a weekend out of it. We reserved a room at an awesome beach resort at a ridiculously inexpensive price, popped the puppies in the car, and hit the road.

I think one of the highlights was when mr awesome woke me up for a sunrise. Being on the west coast we get to see the sunsets on the ocean but not the sunrises. So it was special.


Did I spend the weekend working? Absolutely. Did I sit out by the pool next to the beach on my laptop and let the ocean breeze surround my table? Absolutely. I even had a skype conference call with one of my clients out on the beach. #LOVERESORTWIFI



However, much to my surprise I actually got to spend a lot of time relaxing. We sat on the beach in our recently purchased drive-in-movie-beach-chairs and read and soaked the salt water, and splashed, and.... relaxed. #learningtositstill



Don't get me wrong... I definitely got us walking, as we explored the fishing pier and the local beaches. But I didn't know I could sit that long without exerting energy.



Sunday morning I sat out on the beach and started and completed a book (Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back, Deluxe Edition
) in its entirety all before our meeting. Great book - I highly recommend you reading it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!