Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Adoptee, Birthmom, blogger - highly recommended read



...On September 27, 2002, it was finally time for him to go home with his new family. I sat in the hospital chapel holding him, rocking him, and kissing him through my tears. My heart was so raw ~ I started to pray holes in the roof of that building. 'Father, if thou wilt take this pain from me, I can't bear this any longer. Please take this burden from me.' His peace came to me, it engulfed me, and I was surrounded by His love.
What an overwhelming, spiritual, emotional, painful, and uplifting experience. When his parents walked into the hospital chapel, I felt a burning in my chest, the spirit was so strong! His mother was crying harder than I was, and the happiness that glowed from her was amazing! Looking at her, I knew I was doing the right thing. I knew they were to be his parents, and it was all worth it. This meeting was short and sweet. I did not try to stop the tears as they ran down my face. With a strength and confidence I never knew I had, I told them I had something for them, and brought forth my son and placed him into his mother’s arms. He was theirs, and the looks on their faces further confirmed to me of their love - they loved both of us. And as I left the room, God held my hand....

read the rest of the story here!

http://heatherales.blogspot.com/2006/10/adoption-answer-day.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!