Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So Excited About J! and other news...


I can't begin to tell you how excited I am this week. My bestie, Arl, has received a referral for the most beautiful little Ugandan boy! I can not wait to meet this little one and cover him with kisses and hugs. Arl went to the c4c retreat with me this year and was excited for the retreat but kept insisting she wasn't going to be adopting any time soon. I smiled and nodded, but knew otherwise. She came home with a heart bursting at the seems for Ugandan orphans and could not wait to start the process. Well things came about that didn't seem like the right time at first... but she prayed about it and knew she had a son there. The Lord even whispered his name (J) to her. So when she got a call about a boy named J she knew quickly that though it didn't seem what the world would consider a convenient time, it was exactly what God had in store and had been whispering to her heart. Yesterday I got to see a picture of beautiful J. His eyes show a kind heart. I am so beyond thrilled to see this boy come home to a family so madly in love with him already. If you want to learn more about them, or even donate to their adoption fees visit their adoption page on engendo.org.


In other news... in my journey to shed some padding... I have started running (well... walking with spurts of running)... and was excited to see consistent weight loss continue yesterday at my doctor checkup. Also, Mr. Awesome and I are signing up for our first 5K. I am able to run 5k regularly so am not too scared of it, but am really excited to give myself goals and things to work towards. My long term goal is to be able to run walk a half marathon by the end of next year. We shall see.. :)


On the adoption front... we are currently taking MAPP classes with our county so that we can be certified to adopt from the foster system. We feel like no matter where our journey to adoption takes us, this is a good coursework to complete to make us better prepared for any scenario. We also feel like we would like to adopt from the foster care system at some point so it is good to take the classes now. We have also reactivated our Ethiopian adoption journey with WHFC. We are currently at almost 17 months of waiting for a boy 0-3. The current time families are waiting in that range is 14 months, with a range of 14-18 months. We are told boys are usually on the shorter end of that range. So... hopefully we will have good news in the coming months. We shall see... never know.. By December we should also be licensed to adopt from foster.


I will write more in the future about what has gone on in the past couple months. It has indeed been a wild ride and I am just now starting to catch a glimpse of what God has been working on in this.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and participating in the Get Wired Wednesday Blog Hop. I am following you.

    Vickie
    http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always know when the Lord whispers it in our hearts when it is right! J. is a lucky young man and your friend is a gift from God for this young man! I am hopping through on Tuesday! If you haven't yet, Please Follow back Parga's Junkyard Blogand on facebook as well as on my new networking site Like it Ladder Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!